Thursday, June 2, 2011

So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late

HI!

My life has taken a turn for the fantastic as of late, I have reflected on myself, and found that I have been a' changin. Have you ever looked back at a previous you and thought "WTF?". That happens too me all too often. The most recent eye opener I had made me realize I have been being quite an emotional wreck for the better part of eight to ten years. That's quite a bit for someone as young as I am! I've often put up this "Dont give a damn" front, but when no one is looking, or when shit got serious, I just couldn't handle myself. I believe I have gotten past this stage. I realize that I give many fucks about many things, but I am pretty much chill as hell now. I don't think I can get worked up by much. When I do I think I can let it out intelligently... or at least babble in a more coherent way than before! My previous musings at my awesomeness have been a cover that I didn't even recognize, but now I can type before you and say "I could be much worse off".

So what's going so great for me? Career progression. The type of person that I am doesn't really seek praise or reward, so when it comes my way I get an even better sense of gratification from it. Gotta keep movin forward! The other thing that has been getting my spirits up so much is TRAVEL! OH LORDY do I like to travel. Probably I have a Gypsy soul, and it's to blame. FO' SHO. Been getting myself some exposure to odd, gross, beautiful, saddening, inspiring among other adjectives... cultures. This planet is too god damned big to keep yourself comfortable! Seriously I want anyone who might read this... probably just myself as I read back over it and tell myself I'm great... to set a goal to get out in the world. Not fucking the East Coast if you've never been (not missing out). Even if you've never been to Alaska or Hawaii... not a regular old state. .. GO! EVEN BETTER: Stay in some shit hole in some weird country. Get super hot cause thesemotherfuckerssurelikethemsomesweat. Eat some weird shit (termites: they don't taste too bad, but I couldn't do more than one) Then go stay in some impressive work of architecture, like a five star hotel in Thailand, for the price of SHIT in the US. Go out to their bars, get harassed by hookers, eat some shit you KNOW your stomach will get pissed off at you for. Holy balls I want to backpack around all of the everywhere now. I know some people have been there, done that, but fuck you. I need me some more travelin in the supa near future.

Anyway I ought to head to bed. I just thought Id give the world a "holla". Hopefully I'll remember to write again soon. Hopefully I'll remain this unbearably optimistic and cheerful about life. 


1 comment:

  1. shit man youre hella optimistic! i remember being as high on life as you are, once upon a time. do that shit bro. keep riding that high :) cus what else do you have anyways? you should check out honduras. i hear theres some cool girls there hahaha

    ReplyDelete